How to become a social association – using social media to increase member engagement and create a thriving online community.
If you don’t adjust to the reality of the situation, you will be left behind. Gary Vaynerchuk
People still do business with people they know, like and trust, but social media has changed the way we do business. Communication is two-way and your members want to be able to engage with you via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. They want to read your blog, watch your videos and listen to your podcast.
Despite this, too many associations are not using social media in a way that truly engages members or strengthens the member relationship.
In this workshop, Mel will show you how to use social media to increase member engagement, generate a return on investment and create a thriving online community. She will share relevant and real-life examples and practical advice so you can use social media to enhance your members’ experience.
Attendees will learn:
- why social media is important for associations and member-based organisations
- current social media trends
- how to encourage your members to become advocates for you
- how to use social media to enhance the member experience
- how to create and leverage content your members will value
- time saving tips, tools and tricks
- what metrics to measure and how to determine your return on investment.
Delegates will be offered ample opportunities to ask questions and engage with other delegates to exchange ideas and information.
This program is an excellent way to gain a broad understanding of the key skills needed to become a social association. Anyone who is tasked with developing or implementing a communication and social media strategy will benefit from attending this workshop. Attendees will:
- hear practical ideas and information you can immediately apply
- meet other membership professionals
- hear success stories and case studies from a proven practitioner
- learn how to leverage your activities to maximise member engagement
- pick up new strategies to maximise your member engagement.
- discuss how to communicate with your board and key stakeholders your social media strategy and the measurable outcomes following implementation.
- Get inspired!
I learned a lot about the social media big picture. Mel provided many tips on a range of topics that were helpful and relevant. She is an excellent speaker and it was money well spent.
Tracy Boyce, Australian Meat Industry Council
This workshop is for:
- CEOs, communication and membership managers of associations and other member-based organisations
- CEOs, communication and engagement managers of not-for-profits
- marketing and communication professionals
- business owners and directors
- thought leaders, consultants and solopreneurs.
THE PRESENTER – Mel Kettle
Mel Kettle is a communication and social media expert, with over 20 years’ professional experience, a Master of Business in Marketing and a Master of Public Health. She specialises in developing practical communication solutions for her clients. She also trains, mentors and up-skills CEOs, staff and volunteers to improve their communication and social media skills. Mel has worked with associations and member-based organisations, as well as researchers and academics, charities, government, and businesses of all sizes to help them develop effective and practical communication and social media strategies that lead to an increase in brand awareness, customer satisfaction and business growth.
If you would like to run this as an in-house course for your team, please contact Mel on 0404 600 889.
A FREE GIFT WHEN REGISTERING TODAY
Register today and I’ll send you a hard copy of my book, The Social Association: 5 key skills not-for-profits need to increase member engagement, generate ROI and create a thriving online community
- Date: Thursday 26 July 2018
- Venue: Inner city venue in Wellington to be advised
- Time: 10am – 4pm
Your investment (no GST payable)
Your investment includes:
- Morning tea and lunch
- A refresher webinar within six months
- Access to regular tips and insights on communication and engagement
$AUD 500 – Regular
$AUD 400 – AuSAE Member*
$AUD 200 – Concessional rate available to those registering from non-profits with a turnover less than $200,000 per annum. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code
* Discounted rates are available to current financial members of AuSAE. By registering at this rate you are giving permission for your details to be shared to the extent necessary to verify your membership status.
Purchasing a ticket means you understand and agree to the terms & conditions.