Dr Jenine Beekhuyzen OAM, is the Founder and CEO of the Tech Girls Movement Foundation and the CEO of Adroit Research. She is a futurist with international recognition for her advocacy and leadership, her research, and her university teaching through which she has impacted tens of thousands of students over the past 18 years.
Jenine’s vision is to empower others to embrace technology, and to use it to their advantage. She is committed to creating a workforce capable of building the technology of the future and she doing this by mobilising a tribe of next generation leaders who are committed to solving real world problems with technology.
In the past six years at the helm of the Tech Girls Movement Foundation, she has engaged over 8,000 schoolgirls in STEM entrepreneurship across more than 1,000 schools, matched with 1,000+ mentors who have volunteered 7,500+ hours of their time. She has also distributed 80,000+ free Tech Girls Are Superhero books to Australian schools.
What Dr Jenine Beekhuyzen and I talked about:
- STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
- Community – helping each other
- working to our strengths
- being one of few women studying IT
- Giving girls choices in life
- Tech Girls Movement Foundation
- Encouraging all girls to find their superpower / strengths –
- Being awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM)
- Jenine’s latest book – 5 Things you can do to engage girls in STEM
- (A) Autonomy (E) Ethos (I) Involvement (O) Otherness (U) Usness
- Experiment vs Pilot Program
- digital literacy
- homeless women over 55 years of age
- Books – The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle.
You can connect with me on LinkedIn or Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #thisconnectedlife and tagging me @melkettle. I’m always happy to hear from listeners, and if you have a guest you would like to nominate or would like to nominate yourself, you can apply here.
Also, if you enjoyed this podcast, I would love you to subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Spotify or via the podcast app on your smartphone. If you REALLY loved it, please leave me a rating and review on iTunes.