I first heard of Lara Bourguignon when we received an email she sent to all SuperConcepts clients, introducing herself as the new CEO, and inviting us to get in touch via her direct email if we had any concerns or otherwise. I was incredibly impressed so reached out to her on LinkedIn to say so.
I loved how she was so keen to connect, as well as to listen to clients in her early days in the role.
Lara was appointed into the position of CEO, SuperConcepts in April 2019. Prior to that, she was in the role of Director, Strategic Marketing and Customer Experience within SuperConcepts parent company AMP.
What Lara Bourguignon and I talked about
- A connection is more than a transaction
- Checkout attendants at her local Coles supermarket
- Differentiation in a very digital world
- Bring your ‘whole self’ to work
- Personal email connection as a new CEO
- Undertaking a listening tour in the first months of a new role
- Stealing “Jack Welch-isms” – respect the past and what has happened in the past
- Leadership is not done in isolation
- Heightened sensitivity to past decisions
- Very serious responsibility to stakeholders
- Women and money through Superannuation
- Financial fitness is the same as physical fitness
- Understanding your superannuation
- Becoming Financially Fit Females
- Rachel Griffiths Ride Like a Girl (movie)
- Extreme Trust – Don Peppers and Martha Rogers
- The Power – Naomi Alderman
- Steph Clarke’s Podcast – Steph’s business books
If you REALLY loved it, please leave me a rating and review on iTunes.