Julie Trell tells me she is a human API. Of course, I’m immediately curious! Of course, once she explains to me what that is, it all makes total sense. And no, I’m not giving a spoiler alert – you can listen to this episode 🙂
I first heard of Julie when I became involved with SheEO last year, and we met earlier this year and the fabulous s p a c e event at Byron Bay.
Julie is Head of Telstra’s startup accelerator, muru-D. She has a vast and varied background spanning both startup and corporate environments, previously working as the Founder & Chief Life Officer of Playful Purpose, helping companies integrate meaningful philanthropy programs in their business. She was also an advisor to startups Ideator and the Gratitude Network.
Julie was one of the US leads in launching SheEO Radical Generosity in the US, a global initiative to transform how we support, finance and celebrate female entrepreneurs.
She tells me she is also skilled at juggling balls while herding cats, wearing multiple hats, and putting out small fires, and she uses the principles of improv in work, life and play.
What Julie Trell and I talked about
- Being a human API
- Early stage start-ups and the challenges
- Moving to a new country
- Abundance versus scarcity mindsets
- Start-up accelerator programs
- Amanda Palmer, The art of asking – TED talk and book
- We all bleed red
- Improv and connecting with others
- Monster Baby – Podcast with Lisa Rowland and Ted DesMaisons
- Masters of Scale Podcast – Reid Hoffman
- Coffee Pods – Holly Ransom
- Barefoot Investor books by Scott Pape
- Everything is F*cked – Mark Manson
If you REALLY loved it, please leave me a rating and review on iTunes.