Jen Dainer is a Brisbane based photographer and videographer. While she specialises in taking photos in dangerous places – such as hanging out of helicopters! – she is also great at getting reluctant
victims clients to enjoy the whole photography experience. I should know, she has shot me three times.
Jen and I met at a networking event about ten years ago and have been firm friends ever since. This conversation involves a lot of laughter after a delicious meal potato curry cooked by moi.
When not in the potato section of her local greengrocer, you will find Jen at Industrial Photography & Video.
What Jen Dainer and I talked about
- cooking and eating potatoes – Jen’s favourite food
- feeling vulnerable in front of a camera and how to get comfortable
- starting life as a forensic scientist before becoming a professional photographer
- visual storytelling
- how photography shoots have changed over the last ten years
- finding a photographer who makes you feel comfortable
- being a “social commando”
- being safe on site
- making 500 cold calls in her first year of business
- being diagnosed with MS
- Good One Podcast
- Sex in the City
- The Bold Type (on Stan in Australia)
- All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders
If you enjoyed this podcast, I would love you to subscribe on iTunes or Spotify or via the podcast app on your smartphone.
If you REALLY loved it, please leave me a rating and review on iTunes.
You might also like to: